About the Department
The Department was established in the year 2020 with 30 Students intake for the B.Sc Psychology Program. The qualified and experienced faculty members and Laboratory Assistant is currently rendering their services to inculcate knowledge among students. Separate class rooms with Audio Visual Aids are available for effective teaching to students. A well furnished and highly equipped laboratory with latest and advanced Psychological tests and measurement tools are available for the benefit of students.
- Instil enriched knowledge in the field of Psychology to apply them in various areas, develop highly committed and dedicated professionals for the welfare of the society
- To enhance the functions and level of the department into higher degree with great achievements
- To develop highly useful skill trainings to meet the future challenges
- To inculcate Ethical and Moral Values that will be cherished in the young minds of the future generation
The Psychology Department olters a range or courses structured around four tiers: Core Courses, Allied courses, Electives and Skill based courses.
The courses taught here give students both the breadth of the discipline and sufficient depth for students who wish to have a more narrow specialization within a domain in future.
The department has well equipped psychology lab where well organized hands on training and practice are given for conducting psychological tests and analyzing the results.
Progressive classroom environment which involves innovative and sensitive activities and critical thinking debates.
Students are given opportunity to develop and practice counselling skills in the classroom within the peer groups
- One day programme about women conducted on International women's day under the theme of Gender equality today for sustainable tomorrow 08.03.2021
- One day Observation and Orientation Visit was made to COIMBATORE CANCER FOUNDATION (CCF), 29.12.2021
- An online guest lecture webinar on Stress Management was given by Dr.S.Jeyabharathi, Assistant professor and Coordinator, Specialization in counselling and psychotherapy, 02.11.2021
- An online guest lecture webinar on Blooming Future In Psychology was given by Ms. Kayalvizhi, Counselling Psychologist, 09.10.2021
- An online guest lecture webinar on Stress Management was given by Dr. S.Jeyabharathi, Assistant Professor and Coordinator, Specialization in Counselling and Psychotherapy, on 02.11.2021
- One day observation and orientation visit was made to Coimbatore Cancer Foundation (CCF), on 29.12.2021
- One day programme about women conducted on International Women's Day under the theme of Gender Equality Today for Sustainable Tomorrow, on 08.03.2022