About the Department
The Department of Social Work established in the year 2015 with the
view to cater to the needs of the society and also to develop a class of real social
worker to accelerate the process of socialization.
The Department constitutes dedicated faculty members to teach, to guide and to
motivate the students. Besides, observation visits, concurrent field work training,
rural camp, awareness programmes and frequent guest lectures are given by eminent
personalities from professional bodies who share their real time valuable
experiences with our students.
We endow PDP programs and study tours to step into practical life. Students are
enhanced with day to day social issue through real time field experience and social
- To prepare professionally trained Social Workers for new socio – economic milieu
- To ensure and enhance the professional knowledge of students to create Social
Policies in tune with the upliftment of the society.
- To provide field based education to the students in order to strengthen their
personality as responsible citizens.
- To transform human potential into various elements with social responsibility
leads to sustainable development of the nation.
- Human Resource Management
- Medical & Psychiatry
- Community Development
- Theoretical Courses
- Observation Visits
- Concurrent Field Work Training
- Tribal / Rural Camp
- Study Tour
- Summer & Block placement Training
- Project work
- Our department has conducted Anti Tobacco Awareness Skit in our
College Campus on 12.08.2022.
- Our department has conducted Anti Tobacco Awareness Skit in
Vaikkalmedu, Irukkampalayam on 16.08.2022.
- Our department has conducted Awareness about Suicide Prevention
for Suicide Prevention Day in GH Erode on 10.09.2022
- Our department has conducted Rally on World Rose Day from
Perundurai Police Station to Perundurai Old Bus Stand on
- Our Department has conducted Awareness on World Alzheimer’s Day
in Velliraveli on 21.09.2022
- Our Department has conducted Mental Health Awareness Program on
Vallipurathanpalayam on 14.10.2022.
- Our department has conducted Awareness and various competition
in Government School in Lakkapuram on 21.03.2023.
- Our department has conducted Guest Lecture on “Working With
Communities and Social Action “ on 28.03.2023. The Resource
Person for the program was Mr. K. Nandha Kumar, Assistant
Professor, Department Social Work, Vidyasagar College Of Arts
and Science College.
- Our Department has conducted Guest Lecture on “Embracing
Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility for
Sustainable Development through Corporate Community
participation” on 01.04.2023. The Resource person for the
Program was Dr. K. Sumathi, Assistant Professor, Department of
Home Science Extension Education, Avinashilingam Institute for
Home Science and Higher Education for Women, Coimbatore.
- Our Department has conducted Guest Lecture on “
Entrepreneurship, CSR and Legislative Implications” on
01.04.2023. The Resource Person for the Program was Dr. D.
Kokila, Assistant Professor, Department of Home Science
Extension Education, Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science
and Higher Education for Women, Coimbatore.
- Our Department has Conducted Seven Days Rural Welfare Camp for I
Year Msw Students in E.Chettipalyam on 01.04.2023 to 07.04.2023.
||Human Resource Management
||Human Resource Management
||Medical and Psychiatric